While the global economic slowdown may have had an effect on the War for Talent, the issue is still critical to the Oil and Gas sector in Africa due to competitive market for talent and lack of skilled candidates and employees in the sector. Combined with the problem of an aging workforce in Oil and Gas organisations globally, the historic lack of investment in skills and problems with attracting the best and the brightest into the sector is a major issue for organisations that must begin to be addressed now.
A 4-day workshop entitled Human Capital and Talent Management in Oil and Gas Industry, will be led by a world renowned industry personality, Alistair Redgrave, and is designed to help organisations address issues by exploring both the Human Capital and Talent Management Strategies required in the context of Oil and Gas organisations’ Business Strategy in Africa, and most importantly, help them develop a practical action plan for the development and implementation of a Human Capital and Talent Management Program for your organisation. The event is happening on the 13th-16th February 2012 at Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, Sandton Johannesburg, South Africa.
According to Chloe San Jose-Espinoza, Conference Manager at Neoedge, “We picked Alistair Redgrave to lead this upcoming workshop because of his over two decades of professional background in Human Resource Development strategies and Management Development.”
“Also, his extensive experience in HR Process Management and Development, Leadership and Management Development, Sales and Commercial Development, Performance Management, Recruitment and Retention, Succession Planning, Coaching, Change Management, Project Management, Strategic Development, and Personal Development”, San Jose-Espinoza, enumerated.
The workshop will have a practical rather than theoretical base as extensive use will be made of research and case studies to illustrate practical examples of the development and implementation of Talent Management programs. It will highlight how these best practices can be modified and applied to the specific context of the participants’ organisations in the context of Oil and Gas in Africa.
After attending this course, the participants will be able to:
• RECOGNIZE key human capital and talent management issues impacting on oil and gas industry globally and specifically in Africa
• IDENTIFY key elements of strategic HR planning and create an outline for Strategic HR plan
• DEVELOP a Balanced Scorecard
• UNDERSTAND the principles, purposes and practice of job analysis
• ESTABLISH your organization’s job description template and a competency framework
• LEARN how to conduct assessment and development activities
• ALIGN training and development strategies to your organisations business strategy and culture
• IMPROVE the strategy and practical action plans for a human capital and talent management program within your organisation
• DISCOVER effective strategies and techniques that could your organization attract, develop, engage and retain your talents
Learn more: www.neo-edge.com/humancapital
Media and Registration contact:
Marketing Manager – HR, Telecoms & Energy
Neoedge Pte. Ltd.
+65 6557 9185, firstname.lastname@example.org